Job troubles

I'm feeling exhausted and frustrated as of late. I've been trying to find a job, but not only do I lack qualifications for the ones available, but my pool of options is limited because of my living situation. I only have an Associate of Arts to my name, as I did not transfer to another college after completing my time in the local community college. I have to stay close to home to help manage a dementia patient. With my mental bandwidth spent worrying about my family most of the time, it's difficult to work through these emotions and mental hurdles. The dementia patient is growing difficult to work with in many ways.

I'm not unhirable. I've held a data entry position for a non-profit organization and two retail jobs. But there were always ableist coworkers or superiors who made my life harder. A few high blood sugar episodes later, and they wanted me gone. It's probably because I live in the South, where everyone fetishizes this bootstrap-pulling mentality that my disabilities prevent me from fulfilling. Pardon me for having to stop and take care of myself...

If given no other option, I'd take up another retail job until my living situation drastically changes--namely, when the dementia patient finally passes away, and we can expand our horizons past this house. But at this rate, I'm more tempted to work freelance. I have skills in writing, data entry, and even some illustration (though I could afford to up my output a little on the latter). These are all things that I work on during my free time, and I'm well-versed enough to make a living off of those skills... 

But the prospect of making a job out of any of the three seems daunting. I wouldn't mind blogging as an option. Hell, I would even become a YouTuber if it would pay the bills and if I find something I'm passionate about enough to discuss. But I don't know if the content I want to create could be monetized. The only thing I know for certain is that I want a job where I can afford to go at my own pace, ensuring enough self-care to function at my best.

I wish I had a properly defined answer. I really do. If anyone is out there with some insight, especially if they have a similar experience to mine, I'd love to hear it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neurodivergent's Way of Facing Grief

An Anxious Autistic's Trials of T1 Diabetes Management

Transformers Figures: An Autistic Person's Favorite Comfort Items.